Tuesday 1 July 2014

Somebody get Netflix a thesaurus, stat!

I recently decided to make the most of my Netflix subscription by catching up on some films I really should have watched by now. Italian Neorealist classic The Bicycle Thieves has been on my watchlist for a long time, but before I started I thought I'd see what Netflix had to say about it.
Well that's good, I thought, I hate having to choose between emotional and gritty. I scanned a few other films before going back to The Bicycle Thieves, at which point I was surprised to see that the luxury of not having to choose between emotional and gritty was no longer the film's selling point:
So now it's emotional with "hints" of gritty, eh? I flicked away, and back again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
And again:
I'll be honest, at this point I got bored and just watched The Bicycle Thieves. It's quite good: sentimental and, I suppose, a little bit farinaceous.

No comments :

Post a Comment