Saturday 21 May 2011

Saturday Playlist #25: Alan Silvestri

"Hello! I'm Alan 'Big Al' Silvestri, and I'm taking time off from finishing off the score for Captain America to present this very special Saturday Playlist from The Incredible Suit.

Of course, this isn't really me typing these words, and in fact in no way do I associate myself with The Incredible Suit, whatever that is, although I'm sure I would if I was asked.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy listening to some of my greatest work, in particular my spine-tinglingly great score for Back To The Future and my none-more-eighties work on Romancing The Stone. I also hope you discover some of my little-known but rather good work on utter turdcakes like Judge Dredd, Van Helsing and GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra.

Most of all, however, I hope you forgive me for botching my score for The A-Team by hardly including 'The A-Team Theme' at all. I'd had a bang on the head and didn't know what I was doing.

Cheero!"

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO
SATURDAY PLAYLIST #25:
ALAN "BIG AL" SILVESTRI

3 comments :

  1. The G.I. Joe movie is brilliant - Christopher Ecclestone and Sienna Miller destroy the Eiffel Tower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marge Gunderson25 May 2011 at 12:28

    I love his score for The Abyss, which I sure is represented in your playlist which I am unable to see at the moment as I am in work.

    ReplyDelete