Thursday 22 July 2010

HERP DERP

Last week I wrote a post about rubbishy shitspasm Predators, in which I briefly mentioned a scene from the trailer that was heavily altered (and in fact made much less interesting) for the finished film, and in which I implied that I might sue the director and producer for providing such a shabby, sub-standard product that I could have paid £13 for if it hadn't been Orange Wednesday.

It seems redundant to say it but I wasn't actually planning on suing anyone.

Anyway, I linked to the post on the IMDb forums here and received an avalanche of helpful comments from several members of the "online community" who hinted that pursuing a legal case against a movie studio might not be a sensible course of action.

Here are just a few choice nuggets:


Hmm. You're suggesting this case might be a waste of time?


By this point I'm seriously considering not suing a multinational conglomerate for £6.50 if people think it might be 'frivolous'.


There's no denying it: that would definitely show me how dumb I am.

I had to severely edit the next one because this guy went on for pages. In his defence he did summarise his concerns at the end.


I don't know what "HERP DERP" means but those are now my absolute favourite two words ever.


Back atcha.


That would appear to be the general consensus.


To call me a dumbass, click here

*UPDATE!*
I annoyed people so much on the IMDb forums that somebody went crying to an administrator and most of my posts have now been deleted. Sorry if you went there looking for an enlightening discourse on the nature of cinema as an art form; freedom of speech is no longer tolerated at the IMDb.

18 comments :

  1. That was a classic thread. They deleted it? Weak. The IMDb boards are often devoid of irony. As I said on the thread: is there a sense of humour in the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMDB is the biggest troll hunt in the entire of teh intertubes. Every single thread is full of conversations that just scream for State Sponsored Sterilization.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to sue you for not refuting frivolous claims that you are a dumbass, when you clearly are an intelligent, lucid, well thought-out human being. OTOH, if you need a lwyer, I think my cousin Vinnie is available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. h! someone stole my from my keybord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As it happens my ass is far from dumb. In fact on occasion it can be quite vocal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Herp Derp, dumbass"

    - The poster tagline for The Incredible Suit: The Movie, coming soon to a theatre near you.

    And by theatre, of course we mean Mr Suit shouting at passers-by in Hyde Park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that's what you get for dragging shit out to IMDb.

    You know what's really funny? Going to the Twilight boards and talking about how ugly Robert Pattinson is. Tim how long it takes for someone to delete it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just did almost exactly that. Glutton for punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I complained at a hotel check out that the news bulletins in my room were depressing and received a standard form apology letter and promise to look into and resolve the problem.

    I find it amusing that anyone bothers trying to throw any kind of muck at the Incredible Suit. Do they not know that it is Teflon coated and nothing sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bunch of Wa****rs! Idiots in the extreme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Wa****r that hides behind Anonymous, make up your mind.

    Am I in a bunch of Warriors or Idiots?

    Who are you, a fellow Warrior, or is it Idiot?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am on your side! And I see my mistake, I put one to many *s in!
    Posted by Marge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Surely you realised I meant the people who wrote in to complain about your irony!
    Marge x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't make me come over there, you two.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay...let me explain myself ...I meant that the people who wrote in to complain about The Incredible Suit's stance on Predators were a bunch of idiots! I am on The Incredible Suit's side! We're both on the same side!
    Marge x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible Suit long may you annoy idiots on IMDB!

    ReplyDelete